Apple Pie Parcels
Sometimes the best recipes are born from leftovers.
After making a batch of samosas, I was left with a stack of samosa sheets. Usually, they would end up tucked away in the freezer, only to be forgotten for months. This time, I wanted to use them up while they were still fresh.
It was Ramadan, and I had plenty of apples at home. That gave me the idea of making a simple apple pie filling and wrapping it in the samosa sheets instead of pastry. I used two sheets for each parcel, folded them into neat squares, and deep-fried them until beautifully golden.
The result was even better than I expected—crisp, flaky pastry wrapped around a warm, cinnamon-spiced apple filling. My family absolutely loved them, and ever since, they've been requesting these Apple Pie Parcels more often than traditional apple pie!
They're wonderfully simple to prepare, freezer-friendly, and perfect as a teatime treat or dessert. Serve them warm on their own, dusted with icing sugar, or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra-special treat.
These Apple Pie Parcels are incredibly easy to make using samosa sheets and are perfect for tea time, parties, or whenever you're craving a quick apple pie-inspired dessert.
Recipe:
Apple Pie Filling
Ingredients
- 15–20 g butter
- 3–4 red apples (750–800 g), finely chopped
- ⅓ cup brown sugar or jaggery (adjust to taste)
- 2–3 tbsp cornstarch
- A pinch of salt
- 2–3 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2–3 tbsp raw sugar (optional)
- 1–2 tbsp thick cream (optional, for extra richness)
Method
- In a pan, combine the butter, chopped apples, brown sugar (or jaggery), cornstarch, salt, and cinnamon powder.
- Mix well, cover, and cook over low heat for 10–12 minutes, or until the apples are soft and the filling is thick and glossy.
- Stir in the raw sugar and cream, if using. Add a little more cinnamon to taste.
- Allow the filling to cool completely before assembling.
To Assemble
- Samosa sheets
- Flour slurry (flour mixed with water) for sealing
- Oil, for deep frying
Method
- Assemble the Apple Pie Parcels as shown in the video. I like to seal the edges with a flour paste to prevent the filling from leaking out while frying.
- Deep fry until beautifully golden and crisp.
- Serve warm on their own or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra special treat.
If you try this recipe, I'd love to hear how it turned out. Don't forget to like, share, and subscribe for more simple, delicious recipes!

Comments
Post a Comment